Thursday, May 7, 2009

It might be time...

At this point, I have decided that I will no longer be pursuing medicine.

This does not mean that I won't ever come back to the idea. However, I think it's time for a break. Life is miserable for me when "I'm on the fence".

I'm scheduled to take 2 pre-requisites this summer and will most likely be withdrawing from them.

I can't even think about school and/or the future. At this point in time, I will not be studying for the MCAT or registering for it. I will most likely graduate with a degree in Philosophy and may or may not finish the medicine prereq classes.

If I do come back to this path I will most likely take a year off after my undergrad.

My thoughts and feelings may change once I let this sink in. I'm not really sure. I need to take a step back and look at things from the outside. I don't know if this is what I want anymore. I need for my heart and mind to be in this 100%.

When they are both in 100%, if ever, I'll be back. Until then, I'll be weighing my options and deciding what I want after graduation.

1 comment:

  1. I support you in whatever decision you make, and you know that. If you believe that it's time to discontinue this, then I'll be there to support you...and to help you find something else that you will love.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete