Saturday, April 18, 2009

Relaxing goes a long way

I haven't really thought about being a doctor in the last couple of days. I told myself that I wanted to take a break from the drama that accompanies pre-med students. So far, it has worked. I genuinely feel happy today. I feel optimistic about my future which is weird because I normally don't.

I went out last night with some friends and spent some time relaxing. I got away from school and my work and it felt good. However, the thought of medicine is still in the back of my mind. I know that on Monday, I'll be back to the "neurotic me" constantly stressing out over what needs to been done for the week. I've come to expect this and definitely appreciate my free time.

I'm trying to remember why I'm doing all of this. I think this is easier when I do my clinical volunteering. Those little interactions with the patients remind me of why I want to be a physician. I'm also trying to remember that there is more to college, and life, than perfecting my med school application.

As I'm getting closer to applying, I'm just trying to remember that success is meaningless if I lose myself in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment